September 22, 2011

Apicorcrap (part 3)

So now the're saying that just like Abraham was able to question everyone around him and discover G-d, an apikores also has a right to question the entire Torah. 



This is the same thing as an apikores going in front of a judge and telling the judge "I don't believe that speeding is against the law". So the judge says " what do you mean? it's in the books!" So the apikores says " I don't believe that the legislators wrote the books". So the judge tells the apikores " You know something! how am I ever supposed to enforce the law if everyone can be such a smart aleck like you"? 


The same thing is with the Torah. How is G-d supposed to enforce the Torah if everyone can be such a smart aleck like you? Why should anyone ever go to hell if he can always tell G-d "I was a non believer"? And why does the Talmud say that anyone who makes fun of the words of the rabbis gets put into a pot of boiling sh.... in the next world? (Gitin 57a) Why such a horrible punishment? 


Could it be because G-d came down personally to give the Torah to 3 million Jews at Mt. Sinai? Could it be that it's impossible for 3 million grandfathers and grandmothers to transmit the same exact lie to their children? When American fathers teach their little boys how to play baseball is there a group of nonbelievers who say that 3 million fathers are lying to their children? 


So don't tell me 3 million parents woke up one day and decided to transmit the same exact lie to their children, and the children didn't smell foul play. If you believe this then everything your parents ever told you was a lie!


So what's the story with Abraham? Abraham did not question authority, he questioned non-authority, as the whole idea of idol worship is to get rid of G-d and do whatever the hell you feel like doing. (Sanhedrin 63b)


"All I wanna do is have some fun, I got a feeling i'm not the only one. All I wanna do is have some fun, I got a feeling the party's just begun. All I wanna do is have some fun, until I drop dead from suicide, alcohol, and a massive drug overdose.